Camdram is an open source project developed by a team of volunteers for the benefit of the Cambridge student theatre community.
We use Github to co-ordinate our work. On our project page you can find a copy of the code that runs this site, as well details about bugs that have been submitted and our future roadmap for the site.
If you're a programmer and would like to contribute to camdram, we invite you to 'fork' the camdram repository on github. You can then fix any open issue (see the list of open issues), or create a new one. Once you've fixed a bug or created some new functionality, you can then submit a 'pull request' to be reviewed by the development team.
In order to avoid wasting effort, we recommend you discuss your ideas before carrying out any significant development work. If there's a relevant issue then you can use that. We also have a Google Group for developer discussions and questions - feel free to start a thread there or email email@example.com.
You can also use this group if you're having problems getting your development environment set up, or if you're not sure whether something is a bug or a problem with your set-up.
We run camdram as a meritocracy: anyone who has a reasonable number of pull requests accepted will be given access rights to commit straight to the camdram repository.
If you don't have programming skills, but you think you've found a bug or have an idea for a cool new feature for camdram, you can still create a new issue on Github, and one of our developers will get back to you.
Below is a summary of recent development activity on camdram.
Issues currently being worked on
Issues recently fixed
- Increase character limit of techies' advert "extra details" field?
- Corrected typo in forgotten_password_complete page
- Make autocomplete use a person's last performance as index date
- Omitting a shortname when adding a society throws a 500 error
- Ordering of search results
- schema.org structured data markup
- Duplicate people are chosen oldest first, not newest
- Upgrade HTML5 Boilerplate
- Some diary bugs/improvements (layout not content)
- Fix PHP 7 and Symfony 3.0 incompatibiles
Issues recently created
- FAQ about room booking
- Cannot revoke a society admin a second time for same society
- Class "Acts\CamdramLegacyBundle\Entity\ApiPerformance" is not a valid entity or mapped super class.
- Techies RSS feed yields HTTP 500
- PHP Notice: Undefined variable: ace in /var/www/camdram/20151223/src/Acts/CamdramSecurityBundle/Security/Acl/AclProvider.php on line 191, referer: https://www.camdram.net/shows/2016-bugsy-malone/admin/edit
- Exception thrown when adding images to a society
- Allow users to change their registered user name?
- Societies page - separate section for inactive societies?
- Broken link template for society applications
- Upgrade Foundation to version 6