Camdram is an open source project developed by a team of volunteers for the benefit of the Cambridge student theatre community.
We use GitHub to co-ordinate our work. On our project page you can find a copy of the code that runs this site, as well details about bugs that have been submitted and our future roadmap for the site.
If you're a programmer and would like to contribute to camdram, we invite you to 'fork' the camdram repository on github. You can then fix any open issue (see the list of open issues), or create a new one. Once you've fixed a bug or created some new functionality, you can then submit a 'pull request' to be reviewed by the development team.
In order to avoid wasting effort, we recommend you discuss your ideas before carrying out any significant development work. If there's a relevant issue then you can use that. We also have a Google Group for developer discussions and questions - feel free to start a thread there or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also use this group if you're having problems getting your development environment set up, or if you're not sure whether something is a bug or a problem with your set-up.
We run camdram as a meritocracy: anyone who has a reasonable number of pull requests accepted will be given access rights to commit straight to the camdram repository.
If you don't have programming skills, but you think you've found a bug or have an idea for a cool new feature for camdram, you can still create a new issue on GitHub, and one of our developers will get back to you.
Below is a summary of recent development activity on camdram.
Issues currently being worked on
Issues recently fixed
- can't depete role
- Editing roles on show pages broken
- Potential show contact page issue
- Add better logging of when contact forms are submitted
- 500 Error getting .json on some shows
- /vacancies/techies.txt outputs HTML not plain-text
- I am both preparing for and currently on Porterhouse Blue
- FAQ about room booking
- Add captcha to public-facing contact forms
- Fix Google Analytics integration
Issues recently created
- Drop database tables/fields only used by v1
- Phase out password logins
- API endpoints to retrieve show/society/venue admins
- Write test case(s) to check that shows can be approved
- Bounced email processing
- Improve database design for show/performance start & end dates
- Person's page isn't showing "currently involved with" shows
- Rearranging roles
- Cannot revoke a society admin a second time for same society
- Class "Acts\CamdramLegacyBundle\Entity\ApiPerformance" is not a valid entity or mapped super class.